Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pipe Cleaner Animation

Room 8 explain how they made their pipe cleaner animation.

On Tuesday we made some amazing animations with pipe cleaners. First we needed to craft our fantastic creatures. We twisted and turned the pipe cleaners to make their bodies. We then got into groups and planned what our creations would do. We set them up in the starting pose and then using a camera on a tripod we took five pictures. These pictures gave us a rest before the action started. After that we moved the creatures a little amount and then took another picture. We repeated this procedure 80 to 100 times.
 
Next we had to take the pictures from the camera onto the computer. We used a movie making piece of software to run one after another. We wanted the pictures to run at 10 frames per second. This made the creatures look like they were moving.

We hope you enjoy it.



8 comments:

Room 4 said...

Room 8 I loved your animation videos! They made me laugh out loud. I especially liked it when one of the pipe cleaner people looked like he was getting sucked into the hole! I can't wait to show my class tomorrow because I know they will love them too.
Awesome creativity.
From Anna
Room 4
Hamilton East School

Corbett Family said...

What a great blogspot room 8! Keep up the wonderful work. :) Corbett Family

Cassidy from Colorado said...

Making stop animation movies is so fun and an amazing process. I used to do that too, but with clay. 80 to 100 times! That's only a 9 second movie, I think. Hopefully you make a new movie soon.

Ms. DeSelm in Colorado said...

Hi Ms. Davies class!

I am a teacher in Colorado. I really enjoyed your pipe cleaner stop motion animations. I'd love to teach my 5th graders how to do this. Do you have any directions we can use? What tool did you use to upload your images!

Thanks,
Ms. DeSelm

Cecelia from Colorado said...

I think that is awesome. Your class did a very nice job on everything. I have tried doing that before it did not work out. Why are you people working on Antartica?

Delaney from colorado said...

Wow! That must have taken a lot of work, having to repeat that 80 to 100 times! I wouldn't have the patients to do that. At all. I've never made a video before but I hope to do so soon!

Anonymous said...

what a amazing class

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff Room 8. You guys are the future Hollywood movie makers. Move over Peter Jackson
Cheers The Burgess Family